Notes from 06/25/2020 - Song Critics

Seston's 5th Edition Meat Grinder Dungeon Crawl Campaign

Moderator: Seston Tempiri

MercyDrake

Notes from 06/25/2020 - Song Critics

Postby MercyDrake » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:38 pm

Eclipse rolls Skill: Acrobatics (+3): (d20+3) : [20 + 3] = 23
Fuma rolls Skill - Perception (WIS+2xProf+Dark): (d20+4+4+4+2) : [18 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 2] = 32
Fuma rolls Skill - Insight (WIS+2xProf+Dark): (d20+4+4+4+2) : [19 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 2] = 33
DM DrMcFlashPoint: Merchant Heralla, Lord Bask of the Zhentarim
Fuma rolls Ability - INT: (d20+0) : [3] = 3
Sedon rolls Check: Intelligence: (d20+1) : [1 + 1] = 2
Fuma: Dothian's Depot in the North Ward
Sedon: Once we are at Waterdeep where do we go to find Arabel?
Sedon: You may seek the Great Hunger that arises from Dagger's Path, Trust in the God of Two Times, or Seek Hunger's First Feast Beneath the City
Amaroth rolls Skill (Persuasion): (d20+5+8) : [20 + 5 + 8] = 33
Amaroth rolls Skill (Performance): (d20+5+4) : [18 + 5 + 4] = 27
Fuma rolls Skill - Perception (WIS+2xProf+Dark): (d20+4+4+4+2) : [13 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 2] = 27
Eclipse rolls Skill: Perception (+7): (d20+7) : [16 + 7] = 23
Sedon rolls Skill: Perception: (d20+0+4) : [13 + 4] = 17
Mercy rolls Skill - Perception: (d20+1+4) : [3 + 1 + 4] = 8
Amaroth rolls Skill (Performance): (d20+5+4) : [8 + 5 + 4] = 17
Fuma rolls Skill - Stealth (DEX+Prof+Dark): (d20+5+4+2) : [2 + 5 + 4 + 2] = 13
Amaroth rolls Check (INT): (d20+2) : [6 + 2] = 8
Fuma rolls Ability - INT: (d20+0) : [20] = 20
Mercy rolls Skill - Pursuade: (d20+2) : [19 + 2] = 21
Mercy rolls Skill - Pursuade: (d20+2) : [17 + 2] = 19
Mercy rolls Skill - Insight: (d20+1) : [1 + 1] = 2
Sedon rolls Skill: Insight: (d20+0+4) : [2 + 4] = 6
Eclipse rolls Skill: Insight (+4): (d20+4) : [7 + 4] = 11
Fuma rolls Skill - Insight (WIS+2xProf+Dark): (d20+4+4+4+2) : [8 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 2] = 22
Amaroth rolls Skill (Insight): (d20+1+4) : [3 + 1 + 4] = 8
Fuma rolls Skill - Insight (WIS+2xProf+Dark): (d20+4+4+4+2) : [16 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 2] = 30
Sedon rolls Skill: Insight: (d20+0+4) : [19 + 4] = 23
Eclipse rolls Skill: Insight (+4): (d20+4) : [5 + 4] = 9
Amaroth rolls Skill (Insight): (d20+1+4) : [10 + 1 + 4] = 15
Mercy rolls Skill - Insight: (d20+1) : [8 + 1] = 9
Eclipse rolls Skill: Perception (+7): (d20+7) : [13 + 7] = 20
Fuma rolls Skill - Persuasion (CHA+Dark): (d20-1+2) : [11 - 1 + 2] = 12
Amaroth rolls Skill (Persuasion): (d20+5+8) : [15 + 5 + 8] = 28
Everything in moderation - including moderation!

MercyDrake

Re: Notes from 06/25/2020 - Song Critics

Postby MercyDrake » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:27 pm

Our overnight passed quietly. The pack, Eclipse in cat form, went downstairs for breakfast to a common room that was already jumping. In addition to Gurella, there were three groups:

- A halfling female merchant, in finery, named Heralla, and accompanied by six human guards,
- A Zentarum group led by a Lord Bask, and
- A hooded dwarf, quiet and surly, and scarfing porridge. Sir dwarf apparently recognized Fuma and Sedon. He came over. His coal black skin, a bright red beard, and fiery moustache - mountain dwarf with fire giant features – becoming apparent on closer inspection. He thought about what name to use, then asked to be called Dorin.

The pack opted for porridge as well (Eclipse for squirrel from outside). I listened to the banter and learned that the original party may have done non-good things in the past, and maybe murdered someone. Shrug. Life’s a bitch sometimes. Dorin apparently hadn’t expected the party to survive so... Self-defense, no?

Dorin expects us to meet at the Dothian’s Depot in the north ward in two days. He wants to claim a bounty, to have the party draw out the same guy, Kelvit, who should have killed them seventy, er… goddess! I really don’t know what time it is. I guess it was a month ago or something. We agreed.

We sent Sedon upstairs to query his book. The answer came back cryptic as always.
Sedon: Once we are at Waterdeep where do we go to find Arabel?
Book: You may seek the Great Hunger that arises from Dagger's Path (my thought: Aribel is south of the city?),
Trust in the God of Two Times (Shar?), or Seek Hunger's First Feast Beneath the City (Jubilex?)

On his return, I suggested talking to Heralla about whether a large halfling city existed under Waterdeep. Amaroth went to talk to her, a guard interposing. But his glib tongue, calling himself a collector of experiences, drew her interest. She said she was bored and invited him to her table. He sold her on his abilities, even serenaded her with his song about our exploits in the citadel. You know the exploits that killed a lot of Zentarum? Yeah. Guess who left, and rode north with purpose?

We left too, in Heralla’s carriage, for a 3 hour ride south. We let her pay our way into Waterdeep, and accepted an invitation to stay at her grounds. The toll paid, the carriage pushed through the poor and diseased masses for 15 minutes. We were to use the guest house and show up for dinner.
On the way, I asked Heralla about the city beneath city. She called the spot ‘Skull Keep’. She said it collapsed years ago and is loaded with Drow and ne’er do wells. She even told us access was thru the Yawning Portal. Sedon stopped me from asking more – I guess he saw something in her face that looked worth a warning.

Finally the party took the Thane’s writ to the Depot. This was a large warehouse, with distrustful guards, but they let us in and accepted our writ. A female dwarf with grey hair was told we were here to establish contact, make sure we were not unwelcome, and to learn what was available. We were accepted. We converted some platinum metal to gems.
Everything in moderation - including moderation!

Return to “Forgotten Realms”