Good Time for a Check-in

Seston's 5th Edition Meat Grinder Dungeon Crawl Campaign

Moderator: Seston Tempiri

Seston Tempiri

Good Time for a Check-in

Postby Seston Tempiri » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:17 pm

Hi all,

With a week off and the Paranoia game on deck, this seems like a good time for a check-in about how everyone is enjoying the game.

If you have concerns about the game, elements you're missing in the game, and/or areas you like and want more of, this is a good time to let me know so I can adapt as we go forward.

Basically, any feedback you want to share, feel free. Try not to engage too critically with each other's feedback. This is more so I can see how player's view her or his experience at the moment. Certainly that could lead to some discussion, but I also want everyone to feel free to be open and honest about their expectations and interests.

Thanks!

Hazen

Re: Good Time for a Check-in

Postby Hazen » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:13 am

I'm having a great time! The world is interesting, nuanced, and filled with surprises. One issue we always have, with every world and not just this one, is that we (including me) tend to lose sight of the big picture. We do summaries of the last session, but perhaps we should also, collectively not individually, recap big themes and goals.

For example: We returned to our world, after spending some days in some sort of alternate feywild time zone, to find that 71 years had past, even though it is summer it is colder than winter, the sun is red instead of yellow, the sky is shadowy, almost all humans and surface elves are apparently dead, etc.... ...the curse of the Great Hunger ... We hear stories of invoking the gods... We recall the following portents and prophecies told to us: ... Our immediate goal is to go to the Temple of Waterdeep to ??? Another possibility is to go to Neverwinter where Mercy has heard that humans have taken refuge.

And stuff like that.

Veracity

Postby Veracity » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:21 pm

I agree with Hazen. Great world!!

On Eclipse:
I was really thrown off at coming back 71 years in future. Eclipse was told by her Druid sisters to learn to adapt to human-ish society. Now that's gone. So....? Eclipse was learning to adapt to Druid ways and now there appear to be no other Druids left. So....? Eclipse cares about protecting the wild, but we urgently run off to a depatidated city run by evil creatures. So.....? I'm having some trouble figuring out what Eclipse wants now and how I can relate it to her history.

On the party:
I think we should be sharing more about ourselves by now, perhaps with exception of Mercy, since she's new.
-What's up with Sedon and his bouts of "madness"? Why does Sedon suddenly insist on going to certain places without any real explanation?
-Would Chip prefer to remain someplace where he can be seen as a god? Is he modest or not? Does he have any goals?
-What's Fuma's place in society now that his society is gone?
-How interested should Eclipse be in her own destiny now that we are 71 years in the future? Is it worth telling the party about, or is all our past stuff moot now?

On the World:
I'm very interest in the Multi-Verse concept that was introduced last game!! If we have cut ties with our past due to emerging after 71 years, why not plane hop and world hop? What ties do we really have here to lose?

On D&D:
I don't really like "dungeon crawls," so I'm not real keen on the difficulties of getting to the Queen in the current sessions. (But if others really enjoy that, then we should do some % of that.) I admit, I'm just kinda tagging along on this one. But maybe when we get to the Queen there will be something more related to things Eclipse cares about = saving trees or "Nature" or something. It has the potential for that = with the sun and all.

Overall:
I really do look forward to Thur night games very much!!! Even when it's not really something I think my PC would care about, it always fun and funny with lots of details and evolving adventures.

Veracity

Postby Veracity » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:42 pm

Been watching a lot of time travel dramas so take this with a big chunk o'salt.. but...

Wouldn't it be way coolio if we could go back in time to the point shortly before the curse of the Hunger began and see if we can change the course of history?

8)

Seston Tempiri

Postby Seston Tempiri » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:49 pm

Never works out quite right for The Flash. Poor Barry.

Caelesti

Postby Caelesti » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:10 pm

I'm enjoying playing Chip. My memory cannot keep up with the big picture, so playing Chip as clueless is apt.

It's interesting that the whole world is filled with sarcastic NPCs. Maybe they're just the vocal ones.

Seston Tempiri

Postby Seston Tempiri » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:06 pm

It's interesting that the whole world is filled with sarcastic NPCs.

Excellent point. Need to work on diversifying the personalities some more. It's definitely a factor of the overall table tone, but some deeper variance is certainly needed.

Yoshi

Postby Yoshi » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:06 pm

Double thumbs up from me! Thanks!!

MercyDrake

Postby MercyDrake » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:29 pm

Thank you from me as well. Have been enjoying it.
Everything in moderation - including moderation!

Return to “Forgotten Realms”