Amaroth rolls Skill (Persuasion): (d20+5+8) : [4 + 5 + 8] = 17
Amaroth: Talk to the thegn!
Mercy rolls Save - WIS: (d20+1+4) : [2 + 1 + 4] = 7
Sedon rolls Skill: Perception: (d20+0+4) : [17 + 4] = 21
Sedon rolls Atk/TH: Spell: (d20+4+4+2) : [14 + 4 + 4 + 2] = 24
Fuma rolls Attack: Spear / Shortsword +1: (d20+5+4+1) : [8 + 5 + 4 + 1] = 18
Mercy rolls Skill - Survival: (d20+1+4) : [8 + 1 + 4] = 13
Mercy: we talked about fuma's undergarments
Everything in moderation - including moderation!

MercyDrake

Re: Notes from 04/30/2020 - The Trouble With Mercy

Postby MercyDrake » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:34 pm

Fuma returned the key to the vault
Amaroth learned his slippers were spider climbing
Eclipse’s gloves turned out to be missile catching, but she decided her hands were never free to use them, so Amaroth wound up with them as well.
Eclipse still has the bronze griffin figurine of wondrous power
Fuma has a +1 spear
Sedon’s box contained an arrow of giant slaying. As the only real archer the party put it in my quiver.
Eclipse had brought me a +1 sword, but I wound up giving that to the dwarves, along with my own mundane sword.

The swords Mercy had scooped up each have special features:
The short sword is +2, and lifestealing healing damage in the wielder as it takes it from the opponent. The party decided Fuma should have that.
I wound up with the longsword. As with Mindflayer, it seems to have other properties. Oh, it is a nominal +1, but it feels both good when I use it and angry, or maybe if I get angry using it, it feels good. Just what I need two swords both fighting with the demon for control of my brain.

MercyDrake

Postby MercyDrake » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:35 pm

The party decided to not go back to the thane’s quarters and throne room. Instead we followed the corridor east and quickly found an outside door. We exited and made our way south, along the wall, only to hear orcs verbally abusing each other in that gargletongue of theirs. A dozen or so orcs and ogres were trying to enter the Penopticon. As we were next to another door, and they hadn’t noticed us, we re-entered the building.

We were back in the original corridor which runs around the outside edge of this part of the complex. We had walked east in the northern corridor, walked south outside the east, and were now in the southern section heading west to the courtyard. Here we found a number of long-dead dwarves, cut up by swords and punctured by spears. Here we also found recently dead orcs and goblins that had been punctured, possibly by the bone devils, and then torn apart.

Because the floor was still littered with weapons and other things, I suggested to Amaroth that a detect magic would be in order. He complied and found no items of interest, but a healthy glow around me. Abjuration. Really strong. We decided to put that question aside for now.

We got to the main courtyard and left by the front door. Our drow friend came down from her latest perch to ask what I was doing here. At least that’s what I thought she asked. I really have to learn the drow language. I wouldn’t have been able to answer her but Amaroth interrupted so I talked common to him, and continued in common to her. Thankfully she accepted that.

I told her I was on a mission separate from her assignment. She asked whether I could leave her one of my slaves (party members) to get her home safely and I made a show of considering that, but I told her I would need my resources in the battle to come. She also asked about my Clan Loranths symbol being not quite right and I made something up. We thanked each other and moved on.

We were unopposed on the bridge back to the dwarves. As we ran along the span, we came across the female zentarum but didn’t stop to see if we could help her. Instead I scooped up her swords and we kept going. We made it safely back to the dwarf encampment, and from there back to the thane.

We decided on a long rest to get our spells back and I wound up on third watch with Sedon. During the watch Sedon noticed that I had approached and was touching the thane’s orb. He cast dispel magic and I quickly realized I was touching that abomination and backed up. I also realized that I’d been forced to do things without knowing.

He called it being dominated.

Brianna Sollandry
Natural Leader

Postby Brianna Sollandry » Thu May 14, 2020 3:12 pm

MercyDrake wrote:I wouldn’t have been able to answer her but Amaroth interrupted so I talked common to him, and continued in common to her. Thankfully she accepted that.

Good thing I was there to "interrupt" you. :D

Brianna Sollandry
Natural Leader

Postby Brianna Sollandry » Sat May 16, 2020 6:59 pm

Which was intended to be the chance for you to realize that you meant "interpreted", but, no: when you read your account last game, you repeated "interrupted". Wow. Just, wow.

I am completely unable to comprehend how anybody would see Amaroth's behavior as "interrupting" Mercy - unless they were, somehow, under the impression that Mercy was having a successful conversation all by herself, without the aid of her diplomat? Her "persuasion " rolls say the opposite, but, whatever.

MercyDrake

Postby MercyDrake » Tue May 19, 2020 4:52 pm

In all fairness, what was read was what was written.

Furthermore, Mercy's worldview doesn't always include other people as much as it should. It's one of the by-products of traveling with a set of individuals who are all favorite enemies

Return to “Forgotten Realms”