Notes from 06/11/2020 - Dehyrdation

Seston's 5th Edition Campaign

Moderator: Seston Tempiri

MercyDrake

Notes from 06/11/2020 - Dehyrdation

Postby MercyDrake » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:05 pm

Sedon to book: Should we help the dwarves take back their ancestral lands in the short term?
DM DrMcFlashPoint: "Wealth and fame are yours, but only at the price of the world."

Sedon: How can we accelerate the timing for dealing wth Arabel?
DM DrMcFlashPoint: "Find her."

Sedon: How/where do we find Arabel?
DM DrMcFlashPoint: "Through the snow where the ice melts into the sea. Where Sword's hilt ends."

Amaroth: https://www.oort.nz/dnd/wiki/map%20of%2 ... coast.html
Eclipse: +2 leather armor made from Frostbite the Dragon for Eclipse!!
Mercy: clan symbols for the party
Mercy rolls Skill - Survival: (d20+1+4) : [9 + 1 + 4] = 14
Mercy rolls Skill - Survival: (d20+1+4) : [14 + 1 + 4] = 19
Mercy rolls Skill - Perception: (d20+1+4) : [10 + 1 + 4] = 15
Fuma rolls Skill - Stealth (DEX+Prof+Dark): (d20+5+4+2) : [3 + 5 + 4 + 2] = 14
Fuma rolls Skill - Perception (WIS+2xProf+Dark): (d20+4+4+4+2) : [9 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 2] = 23
Mercy rolls d20: (d20) : [15] = 15
DM DrMcFlashPoint: Lullaby!
Amaroth rolls Skill (Stealth): (d20+2+4) : [5 + 2 + 4] = 11
Amaroth rolls Skill (Perception): (d20+1+2) : [18 + 1 + 2] = 21
Mercy rolls Skill - Stealth: (d20+2+4) : [14 + 2 + 4] = 20
Fuma rolls Skill - Stealth (DEX+Prof+Dark): (d20+5+4+2) : [4 + 5 + 4 + 2] = 15
Sedon rolls Skill: Stealth: (d20+2+0) : [8 + 2] = 10
Mercy rolls Skill - Survival: (d20+1+4) : [5 + 1 + 4] = 10
Mercy rolls Skill - Perception: (d20+1+4) : [13 + 1 + 4] = 18

Sedon to book: Are we heading in the right direction to find Arabel?
DM DrMcFlashPoint: "You move toward your reckoning."

Fuma rolls Skill - Perception (WIS+2xProf+Dark): (d20+4+4+4+2) : [10 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 2] = 24
Sedon rolls Skill: Perception: (d20+0+4) : [13 + 4] = 17
Mercy rolls Skill - Perception: (d20+1+4) : [4 + 1 + 4] = 9
Eclipse rolls Skill: Perception (+7): (d20+7) : [16 + 7] = 23
Amaroth rolls Skill (Perception): (d20+1+2) : [5 + 1 + 2] = 8
Fuma rolls Skill - Perception (WIS+2xProf+Dark): (d20+4+4+4+2) : [13 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 2] = 27
Mercy rolls Skill - Survival: (d20+1+4) : [19 + 1 + 4] = 24
Mercy rolls Skill - Perception: (d20+1+4) : [20 + 1 + 4] = 25
Mercy rolls Skill - Survival: (d20+1+4) : [6 + 1 + 4] = 11
Mercy rolls Skill - Survival: (d20+1+4) : [18 + 1 + 4] = 23
Mercy rolls d20: (d20) : [14] = 14
DM DrMcFlashPoint: Gurella (gnome at The Highwayman)
Everything in moderation - including moderation!

MercyDrake

Re: Notes from 06/11/2020 - Dehyrdation

Postby MercyDrake » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:58 pm

The party rested for the better part of two weeks, taking advantage of the dwarven rejoicing over the recapture of the Citadel. Fuma busied himself by helping with the repair work, though the dwarves seemed to prefer to use him for deliveries and messages. Eclipse hunted several score of chipmunks to provide the Thane a meal of chipmunk livers – he liked them, especially in a fermented liquid. Sedon delved into the history of the dwarves and learned that their area of control had shrunk greatly over the years, having ceded much control to the giants. And Amaroth collected stories, while the dwarves worked hard to add dwarven ‘sophistication’ to his songs.

Me? I worked with the dwarves to extend my control of the dragonform. Unsuccessfully. Later in the week I sent a prayer to Shar during another test of the lengthening. I don’t know what I expected. Probably she would be too busy for me. But I guess I got an answer… after tossing and turning half the night a drowess appeared in my dreams to admonish me. She suggested the party was making it hard to read the future, that we should fulfill the task sooner rather than later. I guess that was my answer. We have to stop goofing off and finish the job.

The dwarves suggested two other ideas to me – binding myself to the spirit of the orb, but it is a vile thing and I can’t do that. Maybe an orb for coppers instead of whites… or I could find an archmagus powerful enough to grant me a wish or miracle or whatever. Yeah, well… finish the job.

I did puzzle out a set of questions for the book with Sedon. During the weeks he asked:

Sedon: Should we help the dwarves take back their ancestral lands in the short term?
Book: "Wealth and fame are yours, but only at the price of the world."

Sedon: How can we accelerate the timing for dealing wth Arabel?
Book: "Find her."

Sedon: How/where do we find Arabel?
Book: "Through the snow where the ice melts into the sea. Where Sword's hilt ends."

The party decided the book was sending us to the end of the Sword Coast, where mountain melt waters join the sea… to Waterdeep.

We decided to leave the next morning, but I gave one more gift to the Thane before we left – I gave him a quick ride on a dragon. He appeared to like that. His chronicler made sure to capture the poses. We were blessed with a set of clan symbols, and new armor made from Frostbite’s scales for Eclipse.

We set off through the snow and made good time. I found an old campfire on the way, but kept going to a large cave I spotted on the side of a hill. At the cave mouth, I saw something sticking out of the snow and pulled what was left of a cow’s ribcage out of it. Disconcerting. We entered the cave and started to settle in, but I wanted to be sure nothing lurked in the further reaches, so I set off to see. Fuma tagged along and it was Fuma that heard a heavy breathing.

We went back, talked to the party, and Amaroth made the next foray, invisible and climbing on the ceiling. He found the breathing came from a serpent… a mass of giant serpents… no, a hydra. It was looking straight at him. He used magic to get back to us in an instant. The party used their legs to get out the door seconds later. I don’t know whether it gave chase, but the party was moving as fast as it ever has and no hydra was going to catch up. We overnighted in an empty cabin instead.

Overnight Fuma was on second watch and heard something outside. He peered out of the cabin and saw a humanoid form watching the cabin. Fuma caught the symbol of Bane on the soldier’s chest.

Sedon: Are we heading in the right direction to find Arabel?
Book: "You move toward your reckoning."

On the second of three days to Waterdeep, I tracked the Bane-ite for a while but eventually lost him. We went around one village at noon and came to a bigger one about nightfall. We entered “The Highwayman” and found a gnome, Gurella, on the bar talking to a crowd of people.

She was pleased to see customers – and healthy ones at that. Eclipse was in cat form, so Fuma ordered her milk and liver. We took three rooms after dinner and wine.
Everything in moderation - including moderation!

Return to “Forgotten Realms”