Notes from 9/27/18 - Dem bones

The Domains of Dread
Caelesti

Notes from 9/27/18 - Dem bones

Postby Caelesti » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:47 pm

The party went to a church in the mist. As they approached it, they saw groups of Valackians rushing towards it. The people were looking behind them and looked scared. The people were staying for the night under the protection of the church and Saint Andral. The priest tried to comfort the people. A lady prayed for the release of her son from the burgermeister.

Later, the priest spoke to the party, saying that the bones of Saint Andral were recently removed from the church. This was not long after he had told the altar boy, Yeska, that the bones protected the church. The party said they'd try to recover them.

The party questioned Yeska. He didn't want to get into trouble, but inferred that the grounds keeper, Milivoj, might have taken them. The grounds keeper would return in the morning.

The party returned to the inn to talk to an elf, but he wasn't there. They did talk to Szoldar, a wolf hunter. They asked about wolves near Lake Zarovich, but her knew of nothing specific.

A colorful halfelf entered the inn. He was a story teller, but made poor assumptions. He claimed to have been the ring master of a circus outside the mist before getting trapped in Barovia. He commented that most Vistani are in league with the dark one.

Hazen

Re: Notes from 9/27/18 - Dem bones

Postby Hazen » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:00 pm

Last night was tough. I was happy to end early as it was very fatiguing to try to understand just what the DM was saying. We need to fix that audio echo. I'm sure we missed a bunch.

Brianna Sollandry
Natural Leader

Postby Brianna Sollandry » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:52 pm

Considering that literally nothing has changed in my setup since the last time we did this, hard for me to understand what I could change to get a different result. My impression is that the only people who had trouble hearing me were in Newton; the Pittsburgh people seemed to understand as well as they ever do. Did something change in Newton?

(By the way, the last several times I sat in Newton, although I could connect to the wireless and see Amazon, for example, I was unable to go to many other websites, like d20srd.org. It tried to connect but never succeeded in loading a page. It crippled my ability to actually run the game.)

Hazen

Postby Hazen » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:31 pm

Brianna Sollandry wrote:Considering that literally nothing has changed in my setup since the last time we did this, hard for me to understand what I could change to get a different result. My impression is that the only people who had trouble hearing me were in Newton; the Pittsburgh people seemed to understand as well as they ever do. Did something change in Newton?

(By the way, the last several times I sat in Newton, although I could connect to the wireless and see Amazon, for example, I was unable to go to many other websites, like d20srd.org. It tried to connect but never succeeded in loading a page. It crippled my ability to actually run the game.)

Yes, there was an additional camera. In retrospect, we should have troubleshooted more, as we initially thought the echo wouldn't bother us, but it seemed to get worse at times, so that very little was comprehensible during those periods.

Hazen

Postby Hazen » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:16 pm

Next time we have audio issues like this, we should try switching to audio only - either with Skype or something else like Google Hangouts - since we still play without video. I wonder if it would work to use Skype for video and audio out (mute Skype microphone) and use Google Hangouts, or whatever, for audio input.

Also, was it the case that Pittsburgh wasn't hearing echos from Brianna?

Yoshi

Postby Yoshi » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:46 pm

As I have said before I have two WAPs that advertise the same SID. If you connect to the wrong one, you will get poor results, even though the menu bar shows full signalL it lies.

There was no change that I am aware of in Newton last week. I gather you haven't been using a headset?

MercyDrake

Postby MercyDrake » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:52 pm

This week's game did not have the audio issue. Not sure whether that means anything yet. I include this as a point to ponder only.
Everything in moderation - including moderation!

Brianna Sollandry
Natural Leader

Postby Brianna Sollandry » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:13 pm

Yoshi wrote:As I have said before I have two WAPs that advertise the same SID. If you connect to the wrong one, you will get poor results, even though the menu bar shows full signalL it lies.

You've said that before. But, since I have literally no control about which one to join, that's never been helpful; my computer joins "the" endpoint it hears.

There was no change that I am aware of in Newton last week. I gather you haven't been using a headset?

Never have, never will. I've been using Skype on this computer for years with multiple contacts and nobody has ever had an issue before.

Microphone and speakers are in exactly the same place they've always been, set to the exactly the same volumes they've always had.

Return to “Ravenloft”