Creating our "For Real" PCs

Life in The Actuality
Veracity

Creating our "For Real" PCs

Postby Veracity » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:44 am

Last night we agreed to coordinate so we have a distribution of skills....

As a creative writer type person, I'd like to try my hand at a Weaver PC.

What are others thinking?

-Nessey

Veracity

Re: Creating our "For Real" PCs

Postby Veracity » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:51 am

Proposed:

<Name TBD> the Empathic Weaver who Turns Tales into Reality.

MercyDrake

Postby MercyDrake » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:23 am

I'm most likely going to go with Vauhxx Booker as a name.

I'm probably going to continue with a Maker because I've been playing with how to create that class and am most familiar with that creation mechanism. I will evaluate the sets of options though rather than try to replicate what Nimuian had. So I doubt he'll be a stalwart ardent who hosts a legion
Everything in moderation - including moderation!

Hazen

Postby Hazen » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:10 pm

I'm leaning toward a Stoic Vance. Still looking at Forte...

Seston Tempiri

Postby Seston Tempiri » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:33 pm

Leaning towards an Ardent Goetic Who Disgorges Creatures. So, yeah, I'm likely going dark.

Seston Tempiri

Postby Seston Tempiri » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:48 pm

Talis the Ardent Goetic who Disgorges Creatures.

I'm likely to eschew Right or Left hand politics and summon from the green, though Talis sees herself as something nested between the Green and the Red given the nature of the creatures with her.

Yoshi

Postby Yoshi » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:41 pm

Ffillippe, an Itinerant Gallant of the order of the Vance who Weaves Stealth with Sorcery

Hazen

Postby Hazen » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:49 pm

So far:
Stoic of the Order of the Vance who Channels Strength and Skill

Hazen

Postby Hazen » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:46 am

Clement, an Established Stoic of the Order of the Vance who Channels Strength and Skill

Veracity

Postby Veracity » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:05 pm

Jorda, the Empathic Weaver of Infinity and Moonlight, who Turns Tales into Reality.

MercyDrake

Postby MercyDrake » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:10 pm

Vauhxx Booker the Strong-Willed Stalwart of the order of Makers who Dwells in Darkness
Ffillippe, an Itinerant Gallant of the order of the Vance who Weaves Stealth with Sorcery
Clement, an Established Stoic of the Order of the Vance who Channels Strength and Skill
Talis a Connected Ardent Goetic who Disgorges Creatures.
Lady Jo-Jo, the Connected Empathic Weaver of Infinity and Moonlight who Turns Tales into Reality
Everything in moderation - including moderation!

Veracity

Postby Veracity » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:51 pm

Lady Jo-Jo's House:

My House is birdlike and has wings. Once a week it flies to a different "prominent" location within the city -- sometimes of my choosing and sometimes of its choosing. Surprise!

On a full moon, my House takes flight and stays aloft all night long (from sundown to sunrise). It can be seen flitting around in front of the large glowing moon.

My House missed me when I was in the Shadow. But, being birdlike, it opened its doors and windows, inviting all manner of birds inside for company. I had to do a lot of cleaning up when I returned. (I am still finding eggs in the attic.) So I had to establish some limits with my House on the number of bird visitors it admits per day.

Just this morning my House invited a whole flock of crows. I woke up to them hanging out in my kitchen - demanding tea and crumpets. "Tee-Tee!!" "Crum-pets!" "Crum-PETS!!" they cawed. I didn't have enough tea cups to go around so I had to drink my tea out of a saucer. My House thought that was very funny. It has a sense of humor, you know.

On Full Moon Nights, my House demands Parties. That's why I'm so well Connected. Beings from all around "flock" to my flying House parties during a full moon. Best to arrive before sundown - otherwise the entrance is more challenging to access, though some can do it.

During my and my House's full moon house parties, the furniture becomes especially mishieveous. It might pinch the butt of someone who sits down or make a loud farting sound. It might giggle or roar. Sometimes the sofa levitates - with guests on it - and floats to a different room. In fact, I always find the furniture rearranged when I wake up the morning after a full moon.

That said, I do care about the safety of my guests. My House is not malicious. It would never intentionally harm anyone or anything. But it can get a little crazy - doing a flying jig in front of the moon. That's why I keep parachutes by the balconies. I encourage everyone to put one on if they go out there. (There have been incidents... Best we not dwell on that.)

There have been a couple nights when I have been out on business and not returned before sundown. My House, of course, took flight without me. It does that. Then, after I find it and return, it holds a grudge for a day or two: makes annoying sounds, slams doors and windows, and adjusts the size of various rooms and such. For instance, one time it made my living room so small that I had to walk over the tops of the scrunched furniture - as there was no available floor space. Meanwhile, my bathtub was as large as an olympic-sized swimming pool! However, all the float toys had leaks in them and sank.

Now I try to keep on my House's good side!

PS. Who would like to help me name my House?

Veracity

Postby Veracity » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:18 pm

So my idea was not be partying every night or even every week - as I intend to be out adventuring much of the time. My idea was that I have one loud party each month ont he full moon - My Well-Know, Well-Connected, "Prominent" Full Moon House Party. Let's see if we can work with that...

I'd liked the Harry Potter idea of things making room for other things in extra-dimensional-type Magic Space. So my house flies somewhere and lands between two other apparent structures and those structures just make room - magically - so it all fits. Same if my House lands in a dense forest - the trees would "make space" and all would look like it had been there originally.

Then there's no concept of me bothering direct neighbors with my parties - since my loud parties are only during the full moon and those are in the sky. However, my neighbors could bother ME. Or, my Depair or Joy could be based on my current relationship with my House Itself and its latest bird friends... I like that better, actually, as it would last longer... So, like if i'm in the "dog house" with my House for shooing out the crows after breakfast, instead of inviting them stay for lunch, then I'd be in Depair. Or, if my House especially enjoyed the last Full Moon Party - found it especially funny - then I mgiht be in its good graces and so in Joy.

How does that sound?

Veracity

Postby Veracity » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:49 pm

Update:
Lady Jo-Jo, the Connected, Empathic Weaver of Wind and Infinity, Who Turns Tales into Reality (Eccentric member of Satyrine Nobility, known for her Full Moon, Flying House Parties.)

Return to “Invisible Sun”