Talk about games here.
Veracity

Paranoia

Postby Veracity » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:04 pm

Starting Thread for Paranoia Game Here

Veracity

Group or not?

Postby Veracity » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:10 pm

At the start of the session, the GM said the module was designed for people to all be together, but he would adjust that.

Could someone give me an overview of what these games are usually like? Does the Computer usually (always?) herd us all to do the same set of tasks?

If we do develop skills/points beyond our starting values, as individuals, what happens when we die and shift to a Clone? Does everything reset?

What is the significance of the Traitor points? Can those be reset or lowered in any way or do they accumulate until the Computer terminates the PC?

-Ping

Hazen

Re: Group or not?

Postby Hazen » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:28 pm

Veracity wrote:Does the Computer usually (always?) herd us all to do the same set of tasks?

The Computer is our friend.

Veracity

Re: Paranoia

Postby Veracity » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:26 pm

I think some things don't translate well via skype. Sorry. I don't get it.

Seston Tempiri

Re: Paranoia

Postby Seston Tempiri » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:39 pm

I suspect this has more to do with expectations versus Skype, though Skype may be a factor. Tonally, Paranoia is a bit of an absurdist game where the playing out surreal situations is much more the point than long-term character development.

Yes, the Computer is typically highly involved in all game sessions, though escaping the eye or pushing against the limits of the Computer is both possible and part of the fun. That said, so is buying into the 1984 meets Brazil meets Hitchhikers' Guide mentality of the Computers faux omniscience and not quite omnipotence.

I'm not yet sure how skills function in this version. Hope to have my PHB from England this week. I assume the Computer can remove traitor stars and award them as it pleases.

Return to “Gaming”