Mysteries Redux

Seston's 5th Edition Meat Grinder Dungeon Crawl Campaign

Moderator: Seston Tempiri

Veracity

Mysteries Redux

Postby Veracity » Wed May 16, 2018 1:33 pm

-In the townhall of a deserted (underground) halfling settlement, we found a special dagger enbedded in a tentacled creature. The creature had one eye (white) and said it had been part of "The One." It begged for death. On the wall was a message about finding and killing The Minions of the One. Mercy pocketed the dagger. The tentacled thing did not have a liver but tasted okay.

-Chol'k, a merchant and male-liberation drow, met up with us near the townhall. We decided to go in search of his downed airship (to better get to Shar).

-Mercy found evidence of an army covering their tracks. There appeared to be a dragon among them.

-We heard giant worms pass in the night. The next day we battled Gricks (who had come to eat worm eggs). The Gricks had delicious livers.

-We fought a path through a "fence" of Zombie bodies.

-We saw evidence of another Zombie vs Party battle, but wisely decided to leave it be.

-We entered a stalagmite forest and were attacked by a Wraith and several Shadows. We left the forest and they followed and we finally defeated them. But we are on the wrong side of the forest now.

-Chol'k says the forest used to be a portal between 2 Planes (which ones?).

-While we were healing up, a voice spoke in Chip's head and asked for help. Chip invited it to come forward and a white-eyed halfling approached. Still in voice in Chip's head, it said it wants us to help it get back to someplace. (We think to another plane.)

(Note: This plane is quarantined. However, those of us who were on the Shadow Plane adventure can act as portals. Or so we have been told.)

-Mercy (and ONLY Mercy) then spied more creatures in the distance.

-We just saw Mercy go flush, draw her Special (One-Killing?) Dagger, and step forward in the direction of the white-eyed halfing.

Hazen

Re: Mysteries Redux

Postby Hazen » Wed May 16, 2018 2:51 pm

Veracity wrote:-While we were healing up, a voice spoke in Chip's head and asked for help. Chip invited it to come forward and a white-eyed halfling approached. Still in voice in Chip's head, it said it wants us to help it get back to someplace. (We think to another plane.)

I believe the halfling wanted just to get to the other side of the Wall of Wailing. Recall that they appear to be the survivors of a battle with zombies - the place where we found dead zombies, a halfling, bugbear, hobgoblins, and the trail of blood leading away. So it appears they were trying to cross from this side to the other (opposite the way we did), but failed and were pursued by the zombie guards. They want our help because we have a trained dragon.

Veracity wrote:-Mercy (and ONLY Mercy) then spied more creatures in the distance.

-We just saw Mercy go flush, draw her Special (One-Killing?) Dagger, and step forward in the direction of the white-eyed halfing.

It's not a dagger. It's the "Mind Hunter" sword. The one that was used to impale the tentacled creature to the wall back at the halfling village. Mercy pulled the sword out to free that creature, and then kept that sword.

Veracity

Postby Veracity » Thu May 17, 2018 6:57 am

Did you make note of which planes used to intersect at the stalamite forest?

Veracity

Postby Veracity » Thu May 17, 2018 7:06 am

believe the halfling wanted just to get to the other side of the Wall of Wailing. Recall that they appear to be the survivors of a battle with zombies - the place where we found dead zombies, a halfling, bugbear, hobgoblins, and the trail of blood leading away. So it appears they were trying to cross from this side to the other (opposite the way we did), but failed and were pursued by the zombie guards. They want our help because we have a trained dragon.

Interesting! I didn't get that they were heading in one direction or another when they had their Zombie battle.

I thought that... because the Halfling had white eyes - like the last creature of the ONE whom we encountered and because the halfling spoke to Chip in his mind - like the last creature of the ONE whom we encountered... we were saying (during the game) that we thought the halfling (and his pals) are creatures of the ONE.

Not sure why creatures of the ONE would want our help getting through the Wall of Wailing, but maybe you are right.

Or maybe, because we are next to a forest that used to be a portal between planes, and because we are supposed to have the gift of passing through planes, they might want that kind of help.

I don't really know. But it will be very exciting to find out! ---assuming we live after Mercy attacks them :shock:

MercyDrake

Postby MercyDrake » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:07 pm

DM should probably give you a die roll because Mercy's attentions are not focused on the halfling.
Everything in moderation - including moderation!

Veracity

Postby Veracity » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:14 pm

-Sedon seems to want to rehabilitate his Green Goddess daughter. (need to ask him about he plans to achieve that)

-Mercy thought a cloaked figure was the Wizard who killed her parents, and attacked it and its minions. But the creature turned out to be a Mind-Flayer instead.

-The Mind-Flayer killed it's BugBear (or Owlbear?) minion to please Eclipse. Eclipse ate it's delicious liver.

-Sedon negotiated with the Mind-Flayer, who wanted to take Sedon by the hands/claws and lead him (and the rest of us) to another plane.

-Eclipse felt sorry for the creature (with purple bulbous head and tentacled mouth) for being so ugly it could never get a mate.

-Fuma thinks there are females of its kind that would find it attractive.

-Nevertheless, we said we want to stay on this plane and Save the World.

-The Mind-Flayer guy and his "finger nails" (minions of the ONE) are following us around, anyway, and are will to help us in battle.

-We told the Mind-Flayer that he will be free to get back to his plane once we Save the World.

-We are still on our way to the downed Air-Ship.

-The merchant keeps talking about how awful his own liver would taste.

-We think there is a Zombie army in the vicinity.

MercyDrake

Postby MercyDrake » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:53 pm

The ghoul tells us to join the Lord of Waterdeep
The human walking on all fours tells us die horribly
The Hooded One tells us to join the One
The halflings tells us to seek out the evil goddess
The spider things tell us to sit in the chair
The King of the North tells us to please visit the tower

I'm tired of being told where to go and what to do. This is all Sedon's fault. He told us to go to Waterdeep. I need to revenge my parents but instead I'm goddess knows where heading to places I probably shouldn't go.

(small voice) Yay.
Everything in moderation - including moderation!

Hazen

Postby Hazen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:22 pm

MercyDrake wrote:The ghoul tells us to join the Lord of Waterdeep
The human walking on all fours tells us die horribly
The Hooded One tells us to join the One
The halflings tells us to seek out the evil goddess
The spider things tell us to sit in the chair
The King of the North tells us to please visit the tower

I'm tired of being told where to go and what to do. This is all Sedon's fault. He told us to go to Waterdeep. I need to revenge my parents but instead I'm goddess knows where heading to places I probably shouldn't go.

(small voice) Yay.

The honorable Sedon's words did not move the honorable Mercy's feet along the current path. Only the honorable Mercy can do that.
There are many paths that can be taken. Some paths are wiser than others. Some are unwise but make one wiser. Some are wise only if tread wisely. Fuma does not lament that Fuma is offered so many paths.

Return to “Forgotten Realms”